The Swiss government supports the topic of the green economy at the 2012 Rio+20 Conference and proposes a Green Economy Roadmap. A green economy can only become a reality through close international collaboration and coordinated national action.
In 2010, the Swiss Federal Council mandated the administration with the implementation of six areas of action for a green economy. The targeted actions should improve the conditions for managing natural resources in the interest of both the environment and the economy.
Six areas of action for a green economy in Switzerland:
- Swiss Cleantech Masterplan
- Resource-efficient information and communications technology
- Better information about the environmental impact of products (market transparency)
- Greening of the tax system (avoid disincentives)
- More comprehensive measurement of welfare (integration of environmental information)
- Resource efficiency in draft legislation
>>> next page: Swiss objectives for Rio+20